Pages

November 30, 2008

T-Shirt Literacy

Cafe Press has a bewildering variety of specialty products, including some good book-oriented garb. (T-shirt Editorial Alert: For the capitalization to be consistent, shouldn't the word "it" be upper case?) To the right is another shirt using the last line from James Joyce's Ulysses that I saw tattooed on the back of a woman's neck at a book reading. (Fascinating blog entry here.)

From endings to beginnings, Red Molotov runs the intro to J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye on a T-shirt (no cool graphic available).
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."

No comments: