|By Mo Riza|
1. Buy a book. I know it’s a given, but if you want to keep your favorite writers in business, you have to buy a book.
2. Borrow a book from the public library. If the library doesn’t have it, request it. This helps not only the writer, but also the libraries.
3. Write a review. It doesn’t have to be an in-depth critical analysis or high school book report. Just a few sentences giving a title a thumb’s up is good. Then put it up on Amazon, Barnesandnoble.com, etc.
4. Tell a friend. Word of mouth is gold. If you like a writer or a book, tell someone about it!
5. Buy another book. Don’t be one those people who say “yeah, I read a book once.” It won't hurt to do it again and writers will thank you for it.
6. Read. Even if you're not buying a book, checking out a book, writing book reviews, or talking about books, just READ. It can only change you and your world for the better.