Pages

March 15, 2014

Behold, the greatest news story of 2014!

Hang on to your glass of juice, because this is a doozy
Albert saw the mistake on the carton of orange juice one morning last month. The label read: “Only the best quality fruit makes the grade for our juices. We squeeze or press it only when it’s perfectly ripe and at its most tastiest.”  

In his anger at the use of redundant language, Albert marched to his local branch of Tesco to confront the management - but decided it might be more prudent to write to the company instead.  

He also sent a letter to his local newspaper, saying: “I am writing concerning an issue I have had with the very popular supermarket chain, Tesco. There is a grammatical error on one of their products, and this has affected me greatly.  

“I woke up on Thursday morning a few weeks ago, thinking it would be like any other. I sat down at the table for breakfast like normal, and picked up the Tesco orange juice.  

“It was then that I noticed it said ‘most tastiest’ when describing the fruit on the side of the carton. Of course, this could be either ‘most tasty’ or simply ‘tastiest’ but to say ‘most tastiest’ is just wrong.
  

“I was so astonished by this error - especially as Tesco is such a large company - that I almost started pouring the orange juice on to my Weetabix.”

No comments: