Pages

March 9, 2017

This is funny!

So someone named lieutenantriza wrote this:
My favorite thing I’ve learned in college is that way back in ancient China there was this poet/philosopher guy who wrote this whole pretentious poem about how enlightened he was, and how “the eight winds cannot move me.”
He was really proud of it so he sent it to his friend who lived across the lake. And then his friend just writes “FART” (in Chinese) on it, and sends it back. And the poet was SO MAD he travels across the lake to chew his friend out and when he gets there his friend says, “Wow. The eight winds cannot move you, but one fart sends you across the lake.”
And then Asterion wrote:
I Googled this because I desperately wanted this to be real, and guess what…it is. The poet’s name was Su Dongpo, and his original poem went like this: 
 稽首天中天, 
毫光照大千, 
八風吹不動, 
端坐紫金蓮  
(Humbly bowed my head below all skies/Minutest lights shine through my deepest bounds/Immovable by strong winds from eight sides/Upon purplish gold lotus I seated straightly by the low mound)
Then his friend wrote “放屁” (fart) on it, and you know the rest.

No comments: