Pages

December 17, 2009

Students Write "The Big Book of Kingology"

I was lucky enough to visit James John Elementary School in Portland the other day. In addition to meeting many terrific people, I was stunned to be presented with the world's only copy of Big Book of Kingology. And it's the coolest thing I've ever seen!

The book's authors used my family pictures and biographies at bartking.net as a jumping-off point. This led to an inventive dialogue between my sister Gretchen and myself...
Some ideas for my father-in-law...
A speculation on my dad...
And this priceless "How To Be Funny" sheet is Kane. ("1. The first step is to make a list of funny and not funny material.")
Here are some musings on a seal picture...
And finally, an essay on my sister Kathleen's lack of a sense of humor from my site (in real life, she IS very funny...)

In closing, this is the best book I got this year. Thank you!

No comments: